We are partnering with a well-established and well-respected business based in Dorset that is known globally for its high-quality hand made products. They have experienced continued growth and their portfolio has expanded greatly since they were first established. Our client has a dedicated team of design and production engineers who develop new products and refine existing ones to help customers develop exactly what they need, often producing custom made products. Their design capability allows them to be flexible, modern and offer excellent customer service.
Our client is now looking for a Design Manager to join their team.
As Design Manager you will provide proven leadership skills, as well as having the strong ability top problem solve and make sound decisions. You will be experienced in managing multi- disciplined design team, delivering safe and co-ordinated projects.
Â Key responsibilities asÂ Design Manager:
- Ensuring that the technical team are fully resourced and well directed with a clear understanding of their own job responsibilities and that they are supported in achieving these with appropriate training and development.
- Managing the technical design solutions that maximise the potential returns from the development by ensuring all technical problems are effectively addressed.
- Ensuring adherence to all statutory regulations, identify and promote products that will effectively achieve these.
- Ensure timely production of working drawings, site engineering and technical details to allow the build programmes and overall strategic programmes to be met.
- Lead, direct and monitor every aspect of the design team with a strong cross functional leadership.
- Execute business strategies and practices to constantly improve production capability, quality, costs, and customer service.
Experience and skill required asÂ Design Manager:
- Experience managing as a Design Manager, managing technical departments, leading multiple projects from conception to completion across varied sectors and methods.
- Track record of success managing a design team
- Ideally a degree level however HNC/HND will be considered with the right experience.
- Experienced and a proficient user of Auto CAD, Revit software would be desirable within a building/ architectural/ framing environment.
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and provide leadership in the execution of complex designs.
- Ability to establish good relationships with internal and external team members and stakeholders.
- Results driven: An individual who demonstrates a passion and excitement for their work, Tackles problems head on and works to resolve them without delay.
- Focus on excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searching for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
Benefits forÂ Design Manager:
- Basic Salary: Â£60 – Â£65k
- Pension scheme
This is a full-time permanent position for the successfulÂ Design Manager. For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org