We are partnering with a well-established and well-respected business based in Dorset that is known globally for its high-quality handmade products. They have experienced continued growth and their portfolio has expanded greatly since they were first established. Our client has a dedicated team of design and production engineers who develop new products and refine existing ones to help customers develop exactly what they need, often producing custom-made products. Their design capability allows them to be flexible, and modern and offer excellent customer service. Our client is now looking for a Design Manager to join their team.
As a Design Manager, you will provide proven leadership skills, as well as have the strong ability to problem solve and make sound decisions. You will be experienced in managing multi- multi-disciplined design team, delivering safe and coordinated projects.
Â Key responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the technical team are fully resourced and well directed with a clear understanding of their own job responsibilities and that they are supported in achieving these with appropriate training and development.
- Managing the technical design solutions that maximise the potential returns from the development by ensuring all technical problems are effectively addressed.
- Ensuring adherence to all statutory regulations, identify and promote products that will effectively achieve these.
- Ensure timely production of working drawings, site engineering and technical details to allow the build programmes and overall strategic programmes to be met.
- Lead, direct and monitor every aspect of the design team with a strong cross-functional leadership.
- Execute business strategies and practices to constantly improve production capability, quality, costs, and customer service.
Experience and skill required:
- Experience managing as a Design Manager, managing technical departments, leading multiple projects from conception to completion across varied sectors and methods.
- Track record of success managing a design team
- Ideally, a degree level however HNC/HND will be considered with the right experience.
- Experienced and proficient user of Auto CAD, Revit software would be desirable within a building/ architectural/ framing environment.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and provide leadership in the execution of complex designs.
- Ability to establish good relationships with internal and external team members and stakeholders.
- Results driven: An individual who demonstrates a passion and excitement for their work, Tackles problems head on and works to resolve them without delay.
- Focus on excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searching for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
Benefits forÂ Design Manager:
- Basic Salary: Â£60 – Â£65k
- Pension scheme
This is a full-time permanent position for the successfulÂ Design Manager. If you are interested in this vacancy apply directly via the form below. Alternatively, call Alison on 07483 025038 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Not quite what you are looking for? Head over to browse other live vacancies here.