Holt Engineering is currently recruiting for a Factory Janitor to join a Business that produces their products globally and efficiently making them world leaders in their field.
As a Factory Janitor, your role will be to gather and dispose of general and processed waste. To maintain standards of housekeeping in the main factory and staff welfare areas other than those that are the direct responsibility of other Production personnel. To carry out reasonable minor site maintenance (excluding machinery) work.
The duties will include:
- To operate in a safe manner, being aware of your own safety and the safety of others.
- To organise and carry out daily general housekeeping routines as directed by the Janitor Team Leader.
- To empty and safely repack material from factory process extraction systems.
- To safely and correctly operate and maintain any forklift and hand pallet trucks that are used.
- Monitor containers of waste material and alert the Production Supervisors when they are close to being ready for collection.
- To operate and keep in good order the waste cardboard compactor.
- Notify a supervisor or manager when waste cardboard needs to be collected or general waste container needs to be emptied.
- Assist with wrapping of finished product pallets if and when required.
- To carry out minor site maintenance tasks (e.g. painting) as required.
- To comply with instructions as issued in the health and safety, fire and quality procedures. • Help maintain all areas in a clean, neat and tidy condition
To be considered for this role you must:
• Be Literate.
• Able to carry out minor maintenance tasks.
• Able to communicate effectively with all colleagues.
• Experience working in a factory environment.
Deseried but not esstional:
- Scissor lift experience.
- Counterbalance forklift truck licence
This role is a permanent position with the following hours
Week 1 – 06:45-14:45 (Mon-Thurs) and 06:45-13:45 (Fri)
Week 2 – 14:30-22:30 (Mon-Thurs) and 13:30-20:30 (Fri)
Paying £10.75 per hour.
For more information regarding the Factory Janitor role please contact Sophie on 07483069099 or APPLY TODAY