We are currently partnering with engineering experts locally. Our client is a precision engineering business who offer the full service of machining, project management and Design for manufacture. Providing a high-quality service across many sectors our client is a well-established business with an excellent reputation.
As Line Planner you will report to the Planning Manager and play a large part within the planning team, taking accountability for the day-to-day management of the work order planning and completion on the assembly shop floor.
The position supports the business, working closely with the Production Team Leaders to improve on time delivery and customer service.
Key responsibilities as Line Planner:
- You will be responsible for planning work order sequences, ensuring optimum effectiveness and efficiency by aligning orders over various assembly sales.
- You will support improvement projects, schedulers buyers, logistics and production.
- This role requires you to take control of plan adherence, track material supply, and OTIF
- Handling of priorities, whilst maintaining the overall production plan
- You will be involved in continuous improvement initiatives, applying LEAN principles as appropriate.
The right person: Line Planner:
- You will need to have a knowledge of standard supply chain systems such as MRP, Kanban, SIOP, VMI
- You will demonstrate the strong ability to provide innovative solutions to problems.
- You will require significant experience in one or more of the following: supply chain management, production control, material planning, operations scheduling.
- You will have the capability of working well withing a team environment on both the shop floor and office environments.
- A good attention to detail is essential, with strong IT Skills
Benefits for Line Planner:
- £26.5-28.5k Basic Salary
- 39 hours a week
- Early finish Fridays
- Onsite parking
For more information on the full-time permanent position of Line Planning simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.