Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Our Client a global engineering group focused on the precise control and movement of fluids in critical applications. We work with leading international companies in over 50 countries to deliver innovative engineering solutions to address global trends such as clean energy, energy efficiency, healthcare and increasing automation.
The Group serves large global markets including iron and steel, oil and gas, petrochemical, industrial automation and life science industries. The Company’s heritage spans over 150 years during which time it has established a strong international reputation for excellence and innovation.
Job title:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Maintenance TechnicianÂ
Department:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Maintenance
Responsible to:Â Â Â Â Â Â Maintenance Manager
Status:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Permanent
Normal Hours of Work:Â Â Â 37 hours per week. With additional hours as required to maintain the efficient running of the department.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing planned, preventative and reactive maintenance on the plant, equipment, buildings and facilities of the site. This is a hands on role to maintain and improve all aspects of the operational site
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Fault find within the machine shop environment and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems as appropriate.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) checks on machines and equipment in line with the CMMS schedule.
- Carry out complete site maintenance for all aspects and areas of the site, maintaining a high standard of site facilities and the overall site environment/appearance.
- Conduct best practice and highlight opportunities for continuous improvementwith regards to plant and equipment reliability.
- Work in a safe, tidy manner in line with Company policy.
- Perform other such duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as may be reasonably required.
- A formal, recognised apprenticeship related to the trade endorsed by EITB, EMTA or AMA documentation or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Fully skilled maintenance technician with either mechanical, electrical or electromechanical bias.
- Practical experience in fault finding within a machine shop environment, and the ability to repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrable understanding and application of safe working practices.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive, pro-active, can-do attitude and work calmly under pressure.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Committed to work to deadlines and determined to see a job through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrable desire to progress, succeed, and ability to work as part of a team or work independently
- Practical ability to fault find from electrical/mechanical drawings or PLC systems relating to hydraulic or pneumatic circuits.
- Training & experience in basic electrical skills.
- Knowledge of modern maintenance philosophy (TPM / PPM / RCM).
- Academic qualifications such as BTEC National (ONC / OND), BTEC Higher National (HNC or HND) or equivalent.
Â If you would like to more information or would like to apply please click apply or contact Ian on 07734406996Â