Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Engineer – Salary : Â£20.10 p/h PAYE on initial 6 month contract with option to move permanent.
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our team at a multinational professional services offices in London. This is an established national service contract with a large scope of building and accommodation services.
The successful applicant will work with the existing team to ensure the building is managed effectively. This includes working with the Site Supervisor, M&E engineers, and Houses Services / Handy Person staff to ensure that the building is well-maintained and that any issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
The role will involve supporting day-to-day operations, as well as carrying out general PPM and reactive tasks. The Site Engineer will also be responsible for managing sub-contracted works.
A 24-hour emergency call-out service is also provided.
The ideal candidate would undertake the engineering duties set out below:
Key Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Engineer responsibilities:
- Undertaking PPM completion to agreed SLA’s
- Providing a reactive service to deal with issues both in hours and out of hours
- Undertaking minor project works
- Management of sub-contractors for service and project works
- Participating in a 24Hr Emergency Call Out rota to cover site requirements
- Undertaking water treatment tasks in accordance with the ACOP
Key Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Engineer requirements:
- Updating of Maintenance Scheduling system
- Booking of time using a Service Management System (SMS)
- Identifying Continuous Improvement initiatives including energy saving initiatives
- Maintaining Plant/Plant rooms to a high standard and would be able to demonstrate:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good level of customer focus / customer service
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel etc.)
- A responsive, “can-do” attitude: – pro-active & self-motivated with energy and commitment
- In depth knowledge of building services with the ability to fault find and resolve problems
- City & Guilds Electrical Engineering
- IEE 17th/18th Edition trained
- H&S Awareness
- Accuracy, sound judgement, and good prioritisation skills
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines, (including outside normal office hours if required) and to have a flexible, service conscious approach
- Be punctual and have a proven sickness and time-keeping record
To apply for the Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Engineer role:
Please contact Harry Parsons on 07739277675 or contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org