Mechanical Design Engineer
We are partnering with a leading UK manufacturer based in the Dorset area. With a comprehensive array of technology our client is proud to be at the forefront of their industry, offering reliable high precision products and solutions.
Continuous investment in new manufacturing and the latest equipment means that our client can be in a unique position to respond to customer demand for high performance or new concepts. Our client is now looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
As Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work with customers, the sales, and the design andÂ production departments to review assess and improve legacy designs and drawings as well as working on NPI projects. You will ensure products achieveÂ the correct cost point and perform as needed in accordance with the customers wants and needs.
Key responsibilities asÂ Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Provide evidence-based conclusions and design proposals from quantitative analysis that gives insight and direction for the development of the business through performing classical engineering analysis on designs including stress, fatigue & vibration using conventional analysis and computer simulation
- Produce technical reports, clearly identifying the preferred course of action and reasoning after analysis of legacy and NPI designs
- Produce product designs, with associated component and assembly drawings for each manufacturing stage
- Carry out analysis of existing product design dimensions, tolerances and features, along with product performance, manufacturabilityÂ and cost to understand areas of improvement and inform the business on design suitability for different applications.
- Regulate design standards through a controlled and authorised revision system (PDM Vault)
Experience as MechanicalÂ Design Engineer:
- Meticulous level of attention to detail
- Minimum OF 5 YEARS Design Engineering experience in an engineering Manufacturing organisation
- Good understanding of Materials/ metallurgy. An understanding of galvanic properties of metals would be beneficial
- High level of familiarity with industry control standards BSI, ISO, IATF, AS9000
- Expert in mechanical design, with innovative design skills in Electro – Mechanical mechanisms
- Excellent communicator – ability to define operational needs
- Able to assimilate detail and identify key issues quickly, understanding the impact on tactics and strategy
- Experience and proven track record in the use of Finite Element Analysis to model and evaluate key variables.
- Experienced in CAD/ Solidworks
Benefits forÂ Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Â£40 – 50k basic salary, dependant on experience
- Pension scheme
- Professional opportunities within a forward thinking business
This is a full-time permanent position for the successful Design Engineer
For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or email@example.com.