We are currently working alongside one of the globes largest and most prestigous manufacturing businesses, to help them find a number of experienced Design Engineers on a contract basis helping with critical projects.
The company are a long established and incredibly well known manufacturing company producing electro-mechanical solutions across the world for a huge range of industires. As a Design Engineer you will be involved in the design and development of a variety of solutions for a wide range of clients and customers from within a number of critical industries.
Key resposibilities as Design Engineer:
- Produce detailed design/layouts to meet customer requirement and specification.
- Support detailed estimates at the request of project leaders as a contribution to product development proposals.
- Ensure that ‘Design for Six Sigma’ principles are observed throughout all phases of the design process and apply data rational analysis to arrive at robust solutions
- Check design feasibility by performing design, stress and performance calculations using 3D CAD, finite element and traditional analysis methods.
- Work in accordance with procedures and design standards and to contribute to developing best working practices.
- Be responsible for the completion and checking of drawing packs and any other supporting documentation. This will involve prototype and production details and assembly drawings and associated tolerance analyses.
- To liaise with production engineering and production planning in order to achieve a design/detail package best suited to production and to be aware of changes in manufacturing technology.
- Support engineering change requests and process deviation/waivers where necessary.
- Be committed to delivering against project schedules and meeting project milestones whilst working within a multi project team environment.
Experience required as Design Engineer:
- Change oriented and able to develop innovative solutions in a fluid team environment
- Customer aware and a strong results focused work ethic
- Desirable to have 2-5 years’ experience of CAD, ideally in the field of precision components. Recent graduates will be considered.
- Basic knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of six sigma and lean would be an advantage
- Knowledge of machining and other manufacturing techniques advantageous
- Experience of small component design, design for manufacture principles and fine tolerance components is desirable.
- Some understanding of generic engineering and/or Thermodynamic principles and the effect of material selection would be advantageous.
This is a fulltime contract position for the successful Design Engineer. For more information simply apply now or call Nathan on 0792147890.