Mechanical Design Engineer
We are partnering with a well-established and well-respected business based in Dorset that is known globally for its high-quality hand made products. They have experienced continued growth and their portfolio has expanded greatly since they were first established. Our client has a dedicated team of design and production engineers who develop new products and refine existing ones to help customers develop exactly what they need, often producing custom made products. Their design capability allows them to be flexible, modern and offer excellent customer service.
Our client is now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will report into the Senior Design Engineer and be responsible for the design development projects from concept to manufactured solutions for new designs (NPI), design development of non-standard product, through to the continual improvement of established ranges through engineering changes
Key responsibilities as Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Apply sound engineering principles and design philosophy is followed with focus on designs are compliant with applicable codes, statutory regulations, prevailing standards, policies, and procedures.
- Continual improvement of established ranges through engineering changes (ECN )
- Investigate Design Factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost and operational efficiency. Preparation of materials, cost and timing estimates, report, and design specifications
- Preparation of data for parts, fabrications, and assemblies, ie: 2d and 3d drawings, BOM’s technical specifications etc
- Collaborate with manufacturing, , production ,engineering, purchasing, quality, sales and other stakeholders where possible
- Process design changes, update drawings and manage drawing registration.
Experience and skill required as Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes with an emphasis on light fabrications
- Ability to apply sound engineering and design philosophy to all design activities to provide designed and engineered solutions.
- CAD software experience -windchill or equivalent product/ lifecycle management software
- HND, Degree or equivalent qualifications desirable but not essential
- Excellent part modelling, surface modelling, fabrication and assembly creation experience
Benefits for Mechanical Design Engineer
- Basic Salary: £38,99
- Pension scheme
This is a full-time permanent position for the successful Mechanical Design Engineer. For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or e-mail alison.francis@holtengineering