Mechanical Project Engineer
Mechanical Project Engineer – Salary : Â£26 p/h PAYE on initial 6 month contract with option to move permanent.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Mechanical/Project Engineer to join my clients team in Redditch. You will be responsible for managing projects from start to finish, from supporting estimates for the customer to taking on the actual development of the product.
The Redditch site specializes in the design, development, and manufacture of components for small-scale cooling infra-red devices used in guided weapons and thermal imaging systems, high pressure actuation systems, and satellite cryogenic systems. This means that you will be working on cutting-edge technology that is used in some of the most demanding environments.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and be able to work independently and as part of a team. They will also be able to communicate effectively with customers and other stakeholders.
Key Mechanical Project Engineer responsibilities:
• Lead engineering of mechanical products from concept through completion of qualification.
• Develop/support development, from concept to production, of product/test rigs/processes that adhere to customer’s performance, qualification & safety specifications, whilst also adhering to milestone and cost requirements.
• Organizing and coordinating tasks associated with the successful completion of activities in support of engineering programs such as New Product Introduction (NPI), productionisation and engineering production support.
• Coordinate/support transition from engineering to production, of new products within specified cost, schedule, and process requirements, ensuring the manufacturability of new products.
• Support technical proposals for new business enquiries, as directed, and support the sales function as required.
• Implement defined engineering process improvement measures and activities that will improve quality and cost-effective production, enhancing customer satisfaction.
• Provide necessary engineering technical support to other program teams within engineering and production.
• Provide monthly progress reports of activities relating to projects.
• Where necessary support product manufacturing with deviation/waivers and route cause corrective action.
Key Mechanical Project Engineer requirements:
• Minimum Mechanical Based Engineering Degree (HND/HNC acceptable if supported by relevant work experience), with some experience in relevant industry.
• Experience of working in an engineering function as opposed to production is advantageous.
• Understanding of new product development, product lifecycle and introduction to production through a gated process is advantageous.
• Desired industry experience can be defence, aerospace, automotive, or oil / gas (other industries are encouraged to apply if supported by demonstrable ability).
• Project engineering experience useful with understanding of typical project engineering tools and processes.
• Strong communication/organizational skills working with multifunctional teams.
• Strong engineering and analytical skills advantageous.
• Understanding/background of thermodynamics, heat transfer and/or fluid mechanics would be an advantage.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes would be an advantage.
• Looking for a driven individual with a willingness to learn new technologies and develop their skills.
37 hrs per week (3 days office (Monday Tues & Thursday), 2 days at home) 8am – 5pm Mon – Thurs & 8am – 12 noon Friday
UK security clearance is required on all successful candidates.
To apply for the Mechanical Project Engineer role:
Please contact Harry Parsons on 07739277675 or contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org