We are currently partnering with engineering experts locally. Our client is a precision engineering business who offer the full service of machining, project management and Design for manufacture. Providing a high-quality service across many sectors our client is a well-established business with an excellent reputation.
As Planner Co-ordinator You will be at the heart of operations. The role requires you to be accountable for the day-to-day control of MPS effectiveness through monitoring review and adjustment of the ERP system inputs and outputs.
This role supports tactical and strategic business objectives by recommending and implementing methods and processes.
Key responsibilities as Planning Co-ordinator:
- Support Implementation of strategy changes to improve OTIF
- Support the provision of business information and data tools for operational use.
- Regularly monitor the ERP system to ensure optimum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analysis of systems and process performance, recommending improvement strategies to optimise all operational planning functions.
- Support improvement projects with schedulers/buyers, logistics and production
- Drive planning and buying activities.
- Input into site SIOP process
- Perform frequent batch size reviews.
The right person: Planning Co-ordinator:
- Knowledge of supply chain systems: SIOP, VMI, Kanban
- Analytically minded. With a high orientation towards detail and accuracy
- Significant experience in one or more of the following: supply chain, production control, material planning, purchasing, operations scheduling.
- Strong communicator
- Ideally experience of Lean principles (8 Wastes, 5Y, DMAIC)
- Experience of material management techniques, safety stocks, re-order points
- Additional skills in Excel Macros, SQL coding or dashboard tools (Power BI )
- Quality Driven
- Systems Orientated
Benefits for Planning Co-ordinator:
- £30k Basic Salary
- Onsite parking
- Onsite Canteen facilities
For more information on the full-time permanent position of Planning Co-ordinator simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.