We are currently partnering with a well-known design and manufacturing business in Dorset, who deliver customised leading technology and services. They were established many years ago and have over doubled their turnover. They sell a diverse range of products to a large variety of markets. As a growing forward-thinking business, they’re now looking to recruit a Planning Manager to join their team.
As Planning Manager, you will report into the Head of Operations. Your role will provide the manufacturing and supply chain departments with capacity, MRP and Production data extraction, analysis and interpretation including infrastructure and modelling. The Planning Manager will have extensive experience in production planning in a fast-paced mixed batch/flow manufacturing environment. The role requires a hand on approach with a presence on the production floors, being able to operate effectively at senior levels and collaborate with cross functional teams to optimise productions schedules, manage inventory levels, and drive continuous improvement initiatives using data driven strategies.
Key responsibilities as Planning Manager:
- Manage customer order review process, ensuring material availability, labour, and machine capacity to meet customer demands, while optimising resources and minimising costs.
- Development and deployment of the MRP/ERP Forecast Module
- Analysis and planning strategies of manufactured parts using PFEP.
- Lead process towards data driven capacity planning and order management.
- Responsible for changes to improve on time and in full and on time and requested to agreed targets and eradicate past/due.
- Reporting of required metrics related to lead time, inventory, NPI
- Provide direction and guidance to the operational team.
- Identify and develop talent in other areas of the business to ensure robust succession planning.
The right person: Planning manager
- Experience in manufacturing planning, a strong focus on data driven approaches and management.
- Knowledge of supply chain systems, S&OP, VMI, Kanban
- Strong analytical skills an innovation
- Significant experience in on e of more of the following: supply chain management production, capacity planning, material planning, purchasing, operations scheduling.
- Experience of scheduling/ production control techniques – pull strategy, production cells, line balancing.
- High orientation towards detail and accuracy
Benefits for Planning Manager:
- £50k Basic Salary
- Pension scheme
- On site parking
- Excellent on-site facilities
For more information on the position of Planning Manager simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or email@example.com.
© Parvalux Electric Motors Ltd.