We are partnering with a well-established and well-respected business based in Dorset that is known globally for its high-quality hand made products. They have experienced continued growth and their portfolio has expanded greatly since they were first established. Our client has a dedicated team of design and production engineers who develop new products and refine existing ones to help customers develop exactly what they need, often producing custom made products. Their design capability allows them to be flexible, modern and offer excellent customer service.
Our client is now looking for aÂ Production EngineerÂ to join their team.
AsÂ Production EngineerÂ you will be responsible for providing engineering support for all aspects relating to production. TheÂ Production EngineerÂ will provide product support for new designs, as well as the continual improvement of established ranges through engineering changes. You will provide manufacturing assistance through design, layout of production cells along with the implementation of new process and procedural improvements to streamline production, assist with reducing costs and improving quality.
This role will report to the Technical and Engineering Manager.
Â Key responsibilities asÂ Production Engineer:
- Project manage, including planning of resource, corrective actions, re-forecast, and report to ensure that agreed timescales are achieved.
- Prioritise your organisational needs to ensure efficient and effective use of resources.
- Mange and report on recurring activities which relate to process such as Engineering change notes, Continuous Improvements, allowing for meaningful activity-based analysis.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to include attendance and chairing of meetings as required.
- Ensure sound engineering principles and philosophy is followed.
- Ensure that the production of products is optimised, continually identifying areas for improvement and cost reduction.
- Improve efficiency, layout design, cost savings, control documentation.
- Define best practice processes, which lead to increased productivity efficiency.
- Use of product introduction methods such as AQP – Advanced Quality Planning and related tools such as PFMEA, control plans and PPAP – Production Part Approval Process
- Use of continuous Improvement and root cause analysis tools & techniques 5Y, 8D, PDCA, FMEA, fish bone, TPM
- Assess manufacturing methods and systems streamlining where possible using value stream mapping, single minute exchange of die, along with other lean tools.
Experience and skill required asÂ Production Engineer:
- A Degree, HNC or equivalent in a related subject would be desirable.
- Lean techniques including Seven Wastes, 5S, SMED, Value Stream Mapping
- Lean six sigma experience, green or black belt accreditation would be an advantage.
- CAD/CAM systems and project management experience desirable
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes with experience working in an environment operating a culture of continuous improvements, using problem solving and root cause analysis techniques to deliver process and procedural improvements to deliver improvements in efficiency.
- Be a strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Be numerically sound and analyticallyÂ minded.
- Any experience in Cellular manufacturing would be an advantage.
- A mechanical background rather an electrical background is preferred
Benefits forÂ Production Engineer:
- Basic Salary: Â£33,500 – Â£35,000 DOE
- Pension scheme
This is a full-time permanent position for the successfulÂ Production Engineer. For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org