Are you looking for a new Production Engineering challenge? We are currently working with a reputable and well-established Dorset based business within the defence sector, who are looking for an experienced Production Engineer to act as a technical point of contact.
A progressive and exciting business to be part of this role will use all your communication and relationship building skills.
As Production Engineer, you will play a critical role within the business, providing support to all internal departments. Somebody with a hands-on fabrication background previously would be ideal for this position.
Key responsibilities as Production Engineer
- In this potion you will work closely with various departments within the business, so communication is key. You will work alongside production, manufacturing and logistics and supply chain.
- This position requires you to act as the technical point of contact for all fabrication suppliers, providing technical direction and support.
- You will work in a team, to ensure that business priorities are highlighted and adhered to and established with fabrication suppliers.
- You will be expected to work with suppliers to help drive continuous improvement, of their manufacturing process.
- You will support the production cells to achieve their departmental targets.
Experience as Production Engineer
- Ideally you will have started your career in a hands-on fabrication role.
- Have the experience to manage the fabrication suppliers’ relationships through top class communication and first-hand knowledge.
- You must have the ability to manage and mentor team members.
- An ability to develop and lead cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of Lean/ Sigma tools
- In depth knowledge of MRP/ERP
Benefits for Production Engineer
- £40 – 45k DOE
- Onsite parking
This is a full-time permanent position for the successful Production Engineer For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or email@example.com