Quality Assurance Engineer
We are currently partnering with a globally renowned manufacturing business on their business growth, and part of that is the requirement for more skilled staff including this vacancy for a Quality Assurance Engineer.
The group this business is a part of service some of the globe’s largest and most critical industries, and the company itself has existed for well over a century. This role will be reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Team Leader and will support the activities in order to reduce cost of poor quality and ensure standards and procedures are met within legislation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Take part and sometimes lead investigations into shop floor issues. Ensuring the cause of the issue is identified and a process and steps are takenÂ using effective problem-solving tools such as, 8D, DMAIC, Ishikawa, 5Whyâ€™s etc.
- Support Quality department on going maintenance and upkeep of the integratedÂ management system to ensure the Company maintains compliance to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and other subscribed requirements.
- Conduct internal audits in accordance with the internal audit plan. This includes creating audit reports, raising corrective action reports for any non-conformities and following actions to verification and closure.
- Ensure actions required to ensure compliance to quality related legislative and customer requirements are taken and managed to completion.
- Review potential bids for manufacturing capability for nuclear, aerospace, hazardous area equipment and any other quality related requirements specified by legislation and/or the customer
- Prepare, review and approve final product certification documentation, material certification checks, traveller sign-off as required.
Experience as Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer within a highly regulated manufacturingÂ company (E.g, Medical, Aerospace, Nuclear etc)
- Experience in working with APQP related elements such as PPAP, Control Plans, DFMEA, PFMEA.
- A Mechanical Engineering background
- Experience in conducting internal audits
- Experience working with problem solving methodologies like DMAIC, 8D, DFMEA, PFMEA etc.
Benefits on offer:
- 25 days holiday
- Up to 6% matched pension contributions
- 5 x Death in Service
- Sharesave Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- The opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Travel insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health discounts
- Onsite monthly visits from a Physiotherapist and massage therapist
- Work wear
This is a full time permanent position for the successful Quality Assurance Engineer. For more information simply apply now or callÂ Nathan on 07921479890.
Find out more about our Specialist Sectors here.