Quality Electrical Inspector
The Quality Electrical Inspector is an integral member of the Quality and Production Teams. The role responsibility will primarily be for ensuring compliance to and control of the designated processes during manufacture and verifying the quality of all manufactured product.
The Quality Electrical Inspector will be responsible for performing dimensional inspection on detail parts either for in-process verification or procured product. Additionally, this role will include active monitoring of established systems and processes to demonstrate compliance to documented requirements.
Key Responsibilities as Quality Electrical Inspector
- Monitor and verify processes and product by inspection and audit on site or within the supply chain.
- Support and assist with verification of in-process or procured product to ensure compliance of product and associated documentation.
- Operation and eventual programming of a Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to facilitate dimensional measurement of product and parts.
- Support First Article Inspection activities as required by the business or contract.
- Ensuring complete and accurate documentation packs providing records of verification and traceability.
- Support initial survey and inspection of equipment returned for repair.
- Assist with integration of changes resulting from new or amended Manufacturing or Quality Standards.
- Contribute towards the creation of new processes, procedures and documents and participate in related document reviews.
- Support internal, customer and supplier audit schedules required to establish compliance with controlling procedures, Quality Plans and applicable customer requirements.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience as a Quality electrical Inspector
- Previous experience in a Quality Assurance / Quality Control related position will be essential.
- Familiarity with BS EN ISO 9001, AS9100 or other manufacturing industry related Quality standards.
- Ability to read and understand electrical & mechanical engineering drawings, including an understanding of circuit diagrams, tolerances, geometric tolerances and weld symbols.
- Prior experience and good understanding of metrology techniques required for the inspection of precision mechanical components.
- Prior experience of electrical/electronics assembly, precision mechanical manufacture, and mechanical manufacturing techniques including machining and welding would be an advantage.
- Electronic / Electrical Inspection experience to IPC 610/620 standards or equivalent would be an advantage.
- An understanding of First Article Inspection requirements, with knowledge of AS9102 Aerospace First Article Inspection Requirement preferred
This is a full time position for the successful Quality electrical Inspector. If you are interested in the role or want to find out more information please call Ian at Holt Engineering on 07734406996.