We are currently partnering with a privately owned, well-established, and thriving business. Their steady continual growth has led to opportunities across the business, and they are now looking for aÂ Senior Engineer to join the team.Â Our client is proud to offer long-term career development within a strong growing business – whose portfolio of clients includes Marine Defence, Aerospace, Simulation, and other more challenging sectors.
The role ofÂ Senior EngineerÂ is to manage a series of new and existing customers to provide a service supplying them with quality composite parts, ensuring a sustainable level of profit for the company. You will sometimes work as part of a wider team on larger projects or running customer projects directly. This role requires an individual who has a practical nature.
Key responsibilities asÂ Senior Engineer:
- Co-ordinate projects through concept to delivery
- Commercial responsibility for estimating.
- Account Management of customers
- Support both NPI and existing production programs, working closely with the customer.
- Overseeing and mentoring junior members of the team
- Responsible for checking and approving other engineer’s work.
- Come up with innovative manufacturing solutions for parts.
- A good understanding in varied and complex tooling, with the ability to sign off the design of such tool sets.
- Responsible for the input into the MRP system (Progress) all new items, maintenance, and upkeep of Bill of Materials, loading sales orders and ensuring delivery notes are provided for your projects.
- Establish clear requirements for the project with the customer prior to the start of manufacture.
- Ensure materials are made available in a timely manner, either through direct procurement or delegating procurement activities
- Project manage component manufacture through factory and working with external suppliers.
- Work effectively with the quality team to ensure compliance to Customer & Regulatory requirements.
- Co-Ordination of part manufacture on the shop-floorÂ with production supervisors
Experience asÂ Senior Engineer:
- Degree level education in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with Composite and GRP materials and manufacturing
Benefits forÂ Senior Engineer:
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly Bonus scheme in varied and complex tooling
- 25 days holiday (with service)
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Perkbox membership – discounts on high street shopping, holidays
- Vocational training
- On site canteen facilities
- Work wear and PPE
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Safety training
This is a full-time permanent position for the successfulÂ Senior Engineer
For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.