Service and Repair TechnicianÂ
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a Service and Repair Technician at a global company who specialise in four main area’s such asÂ aerospace, building technologies, performance materials and technologies, and safety and productivity solutions.
Purpose of the Job
Support, maintain and improve production equipment to maximise manufacturing availability.
- To maintain production equipment to ensure maximum uptime target of ?95% availability.
- To promptly identify root cause of equipment failure and implement subsequent repair.
- To manage an existing Planned Maintenance system, perform tasks to predetermined schedule, identifying potential operator owned tasks to sustain process uptime & maximise capacity.
- To manage PM system & calibration of production ATE systems.
- To manage gas regulator servicing and repair.
- To identify & ensure sufficient spares are available to provide adequate response time regarding component failure
- To specify and implement improvements to the production process or equipment to achieve cost, productivity or quality benefits.
- To ensure process, equipment and ergonomic risk assessments are completed where necessary.
- Ensuring timely completion of HSE actions
- To write technical documents to define procedures, including cell maintenance instructions including defining of TPM schedules
- To liaise with identified external partners/vendors regarding technical aspects of production equipment and spares.
- To design or detail necessary jigs and fixtures.
- Ensuring timely completion of Kaizen ideas
Skills needed for Service and Repair TechnicianÂ
- A broad range of qualifications may be acceptable; however, it is envisaged that there should be a sound Engineering background with a demonstrable ability, ideally supported by a recognised Mechanical or Electrical apprenticeship. An ONC/HNC in an Engineering discipline would be advantageous.
- Computer literate – experience with MS Office.
- Electrical installation qualification to a Minimum of 17th Edition desirable.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a medium to high volume production environment will be required.
- Practical experience with a hands-on and methodical approach to mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis/analysis with the ability to use diagnostic tools/equipment.
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external suppliers both on technical matters and general levels
- Proven working knowledge of assembly automation including diagnosing pneumatic system logic
- Previous experience of installation/testing, & fault finding of electrical systems and Experience of PLC program and control system interrogation would be an advantageous.
Extra detailsÂ for Service and Repair TehcnicianÂ
Days – 37 hoursÂ
Monday – Thursday 8.00 to 16.45 and Friday – 8.00 to 12.00
Drugs test and DBS check as they make critical safety componentsÂ
If you would like to know more about this Service and Repair Technician opportunity please call James Ferrier on 07485 390941 or email@example.com