Holt Engineering is recruiting for an SMT Operator to join a well-established electronic manufacturer in Havant.
As an SMT Operator, you will be configuring and setting up machines based on specifications provided by the production team.
this will include working with SMT paste printers and reflow ovens.
Other duties will be:
- Manage the inventory of surface mount components, including reels of components, solder paste, and PCBs.
- Load and unload materials onto the SMT machines.
- Operate and monitor SMT machines during the assembly process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve machine-related issues to minimise downtime.
- Monitor the SMT process to identify and address any defects or issues.
- Work closely with other team members, including engineers and quality control personnel, to achieve production goals and resolve issues.
- Maintain accurate records of production activities, including machine settings, production counts, and quality control data.
To be successful in the SMT Operator role you must have:
- Experience in Pre-kitting of SMT machines
- Ability to program and operate Stencil Printers
- Proficient in load placement program and set value checks for SMT Lines (I-Pulse M20 experience an advantage, but not essential)
- Ability to create/ adjust component package checks for SMT Lines (I-Pulse M20 experience an advantage, but not essential)
- Carrying out maintenance on the SMT line as required
- Control of solder paste
This role is a permanent position paying between £27,000-£28,500 depending on experience working 37 hours per week with an early finish on Fridays!
For more information on the SMT Operator position please APPLY today!