Trainee Production Foreman:Â Â
We are currently partnering with a leading global manufacturer based in the Dorset area. Our client, a respected innovative business, provides manufacturing excellence into the health-careÂ sector. They are now looking for a Trainee Production Foreman to join their fast-paced people orientated business
As Trainee Production Foreman you will be joining at a time where a 6- month training and hand-over will be completed with the current Production Foreman. This will allow for the successful individual to learn to a high degree the products that the business build and the business in general.
Once you have achieved the Production Foreman position, you will be responsible for the operation of a section within the Manufacturing function, supporting the day-to-day management of the manufacturing area, overseeing a team of technicians, and ensuring an efficient operation in achieving business targets.Â
Key Responsibilities asÂ Trainee Production Engineer
- Provide Leadership and line management to the team, co-ordinating their workloads and providing support to ensure that the team delivers.
- Development of the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards, whilst fostering a culture of work safely.
- Maintaining high standards of quality, regulatory and ISO requirements.
- Overseeing the production process in line with the agreed production schedule and monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as agreed.
- Liaising with QA, Design, Service, Operations, Purchasing and sales
- Supervising and motivating the Production team and leading lean production practices
- Ensuring that the production is efficient and cost effective by assessing total production capacity.
Key experience as Trainee Production Engineer
- A good awareness of Health and Safety in an industrial environment is also required
- Awareness of Lean Manufacturing and/ or six sigma preferably in the build of electro-mechanical assemblies
- 1 years’ experience of direct first line operational teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make sound and reasonable operational decisions
- Be able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the business and where the supply chain and manufacturing fits as part of the business strategy
- Experienced within an engineering manufacturing environment
- Able to think quickly and prioritise tasks on hand
- Degree qualification or relevant recent experience in a similar role within an engineering or manufacturing discipline
Benefits forÂ Trainee Production Foreman
- Â£28,000 – optional overtime available at 1.5x (ote Â£35k plus in year 1)
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company social events
- Free on siteÂ parking
- Early finish Fridays
- Free beverages on site and food allowance if field based
This is a full-time permanent position for the successfulÂ Trainee Production Foreman. For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or email@example.com.