We are currently partnering with a global engineering group who deliver innovative engineering solutions to large global markets including iron and steel, oil and gas, petrochemical and automation. A well-established business who over time have established a strong international reputation for excellence and innovation.
This business continues to demonstrate a healthy financial performance and proudly encourage employee progression and development. Our client is now currently looking for a Buyer to join the team.
A Buyer, you will play a critical part of the team, sourcing the correct products and services at the right time and price in line with MRP requirements. You will liaise with other members of the purchasing team and various other departments within the organisation
Key responsibilities as Buyer
- Purchase components as required and directed in line with requirements.
- Continually review data and suggest changes to buying and stocking patterns to optimise best practice such as improve stock turns, reduce stock, lead time, cost saving
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure quality, commercial and delivery targets are achieved.
- Be proactive – expedite outstanding orders with suppliers to ensure there is no impact on production schedules.
- Ensure flow lines are stocked in accordance with production requirements.
- Assist in the reduction of inventory by purchasing parts in an appropriate manner in line with appropriate logistics and inventory replenishment systems with suppliers.
Experience as Buyer
- Experience in a similar purchasing role within a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Holds or is studying for a professional purchasing qualification (CIPS)
- Good understanding and working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Skilled in reading engineering drawings
- Excellent communication skills
Benefits for Buyer
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training & Development
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
This is a full-time permanent position for the successful Buyer For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.