Buyer and Scheduling Co-ordinator
We are currently partnering with engineering experts locally. Our client is a precision engineering business who offer the full service of machining, project management and Design for manufacture. Providing a high-quality service across many sectors our client is a well-established business with an excellent reputation.
As Buyer and Scheduling Co-ordinator you will be involved in the management of the production schedule, material purchasing and supplier management. display strong leadership and organisational skills. You will communicate with all departments at a high level, developing close links with purchasing and quality and operations. The role carries a high level of opportunity to develop processes and methodologies.
Key responsibilities as Buyer and Scheduling Co-ordinator:
- Maintaining the works production schedule, using the companies operating system
- Sourcing of materials from external suppliers in line with Production schedule requirements
- Deputising for the Production Manager when necessary
- Communicate the current production schedule with customers and negotiate agreed delivery dates.
- Manage the issuing of raw material in accordance with production demand, monitoring inventory levels.
- Liaise with estimating and production planning, to ensure timely deliveries in line with customer order requirements.
- Fully support lean programmes: eg: 6S and Lean manufacturing
The right person: Buyer and Scheduling Co-ordinator
- Strong communicator
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good Time management
Benefits for Buyer and Scheduling Co-ordinator
- £27 – 35k Basic Salary
- Mon Thurs 8am – 5pm and Fri 8am to 12.30pm, but this can be adjusted to suit
For more information on the full-time permanent position of Buyer and Scheduling Co-ordinator simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or email@example.com.