ContinuousÂ Improvement Engineer
We are currently partnering with a globally renowned manufacturing business on their business growth, and part of that is the requirement for more skilled staff including this vacancy for a ContinuousÂ Improvement Engineer.Â
The group this business is a part of service some of the globes largest and most critical industries, and the company itself has existed for well over a century. ContinuousÂ Improvement Engineer will report directly to the production manager.
ContinuousÂ Improvement Engineer Responsibilities
- Ensure all reports are up to date and submitted on time.
- Provide strong leadership, direction, and support for Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Use Lean tools to identify and eliminate non-value-added activities.
- Help plan the layout of operations/office areas using Lean tools.
- Maintain the implementation plan for the Lean strategy.
- Lead Continuous Improvement activities, such as SOPs, Kaizen events, and SMED.
- Track and report the results of Continuous Improvement and Lean activities.
- Identify performance trends.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure Continuous Improvement is implemented and sustained.
- Deliver in-house training in the basics of Lean.
- Update KPIs to ensure targets are met.
- Provide concise and accurate information for management reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Continuous Improvement Engineer Qualifications
- 4 GCSEs including grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and work calmly under pressure.
- Strong team player with the ability to influence and coach others.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Committed to working to deadlines and determined to see a job through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Good project management and facilitation skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- PC Literate in PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrable experience in the application of Continuous Improvement and Lean principles.
- Desire to succeed and progress.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing and effectively facilitating Continuous Improvement tools and techniques.
- Operations or Engineering background with a thorough understanding and experience of quality, safety, maintenance, machining, assembly, and test.
This is a full time permanent position for the successful Continuous Improvement Engineer. For more information simply apply now or callÂ Nathan on 07921479890.