We are currently partnering with a global engineering group that delivers innovative engineering solutions to large global markets including iron and steel, oil, and gas, petrochemicals and automation.Â They are now looking for a Production Engineer to join their team.
A well-established business that over time has established a strong international reputation for excellence and innovation. This business continues to demonstrate a healthy financial performance and proudly encourages employee progression and development.
As a Production Engineer, you will be based within the operation team with responsibility for producing all relevant documentation, routings, procedures, tooling, and equipment to enable the successful manufacture and testing of products for the Oil & Gas, Nuclear and Marine sectors
Key responsibilities asÂ Production Engineer:
- Design jigs and fixtures using CAD (preferably 3D) for use in production, to ensure ease of use, consistency of manufacture and error-proofing whilst following lean principles.
- Produce accurate and detailed production routes, specifying operation details, work centres and time estimates for the in-house manufacture of products
- Review and improve production processes using Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methods
- Assist the production team with their day-to-day production requirement by providing them with technical assistance and problem-solving solutions
- Liaise with the engineering department, reviewing new products before they are released into production, ensuring that all designs are fit for manufacture at the most efficient cost
- Use CAM software to produce programs, tool sheets, and set-up sheets for a variety of multi â€“ axis CNC machines, including 5 axis turn -mill, sliding head turn-mill and 5 axis milling
- Select and implement the introduction of new cutting tools, whilst interfacing with Manufacturing to identify the most cost-effective solution by following Lean principles
Experience asÂ Production Engineer:
- Qualified to HNC level or actively working towards completion of a similar Mechanical or Production Engineering qualification with demonstrableÂ experience working in an engineering-based role
- Possess a sound understanding of modern manufacturing methods
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate processes through capability studies and equipment
- Demonstrable experience in the use of Continuous Improvement Tools and techniques ie: VSM, SMED, TPM, Kaizen, 5â€™S, Error Proofing etc
- Able to build relationships with and gain the respect of customers both internal and external
- Good Project Management skills
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and development
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
This is a full-time permanent position for the successful Production Engineer. For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or email@example.com.
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse here for more Engineering and Manufacturing opportunities here.