Purchasing Project Administrator
We are currently partnering with an innovative Engineering Design and Manufacturing business who have transformed themselves into a leading Global brand and premium supplier within their specialism. As a Purchasing Project Administrator, you will work for a business who serve industries such as Wind Energy, Nuclear, Construction, Marine and Offshore Oil & Gas.
This Poole based business deliver their products through various channels including re sellers, rental partners, direct end users and a strong distribution network.
As Purchasing Project Administrator you will report to the Projects Manager and the Project Management Team. The team bring complex custom designed customer orders to life.
You will handle the crucial purchasing, QA and logistical elements ensuring on time first time customer delivery. This role will be primarily office based.
The demands of this role are very exciting and varied. As a result, the role requires a proactive team player who can prioritise tasks and organising work appropriately as urgent orders arrive. You will need excellent communication skills and work effectively with both internal and external suppliers.
Key responsibilities as Purchasing Project Administrator
- Booking goods in on ERP /MRP system and responsible for the accurate data input
- Procurement of raw materials to specification
- Procurement of bought in items to specification.
- Placing orders for any sub-contractor activities
- Assisting the Project Manager with project related purchasing, booking of transport for the safe and on time shipment of project related orders
- Assisting the Project Manger with project and QA/ documentation
Experience as Purchasing Project Administrator
- Proven purchasing experience from within a production style environment is essential, ideally 2-3 years, and will have involved the purchasing of raw materials.
- Experience using ERP/MRP is essential.
- An interest in production and purchasing is crucial, and a understanding of how they are an essential part of ensuring on specification and on time delivery to our customers
- A confident self-starter would do well in this role, prioritising effectively and being proactive in managing their own workload.
- A genuine relationship builder both face to face and over the phone
- A demonstrable understanding of dealing with sub-contractors would be an advantage.
- Understanding material drawings would be a real advantage
- £24,000 – £28,000 Basic Salary DOE
- Free On site parking
- Showers and changing facilities on site
- Periodic cost of living salary reviews
- Monthly summer BBQ’s
- Group Life Cover
- Well being Independent Employee Assistance
- Eye care vouchers for relevant staff
- 20 days holiday pus Christmas Shutdown Plus Bank Holidays
This is a full-time permanent position for the successful Purchasing Project Administrator
For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.