Senior Manufacturing Engineer
We are currently working with a worldwide supplier of precision products covering most industries across the globe, and they are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join their growing business.
The company are part of a large global group who are renowned with their niche industry, for supplying quality products and solutions to a range of industries and staying ahead by investing well into R&D. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be mainly responsible for guiding production and R&D departments on best practice and most efficient ways in which to build the customers products.
Responsibilities as Senior Manufacturing Engineer:
- Lead, mentor and build a multiskilled manufacturing engineering team equipped to support production produce existing product lines and implement growth plans to increase capacity and reduce costs.
- Support projects for new equipment and process implementation as required
- Improve processes via new tooling strategies to improve yield and reduce cycle time
- Create, review and amend manufacturing layouts for production operatives to follow
- Develop operating instructions (MIPs, layouts, inspection guides) and equipment specifications for production activities
- Creating programs for CNC machines to manufacture components as required.
- Research / recommend and purchase cutting tools for new and current component production
Experience required as Senior Manufacturing Engineer:
- HNC/D in Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering or apprentice trained with minimum of 5 years’ proven work experience in this area.
- Experience with CNC programming languages (Siemens, Fanuc, Mazatrol etc.).
- Experience programming 5-Axis milling / mill-turn and turning CNC machines.
- Experience of CAD/CAM software (Solid Edge).
- Wide understanding of machine shop processes.
- Experience with of 2D CAD / 3D CAD systems (AutoCAD, Solidworks).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of MRP / ERP systems.
Benefits for the Senior Manufacturing Engineer:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 37.25 hours per week (for this role)
- Early finish on a Friday
This is a full time permanent position for the successful Senior Manufacturing Engineer. For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org