We are currently recruiting for a Test Development Engineer for our prestigious client in Poole.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the role is responsible for supporting the Product Development strategy delivering profitable organic growth and continuous improvement. The role is part of the Engineering Department and involves working effectively with the Projects, Production and Quality Engineering teams and Manufacturing Department. The role incorporates a structured development process in which Engineering core skills will be applied and enhanced using “on the job learning” in relation to valve testing and development processes.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Conduct Valve Development Testing under the supervision and mentoring of R&D Technicians, Design Engineers, and Engineering Manager, applying sound engineering practices in a time-frameÂ consistent with business objectives.
- Design qualification test parameters for the validation of new products in accordance with project objectives and milestones.
- Apply relevant engineering standards, legislation, certification,and customer compliance ensuringÂ comprehensive validation and reporting is delivered.
- Compile Test Reports as required for documenting design validation compliance and maintaining comprehensive trace ability.
- Conduct concurrent engineering tasks optimising designs for Manufacturing Methodology, Assembly and Testing processes.
- Develop test equipment capabilities and continuous improvement in data acquisition software / hardware and pressure / flow mechanical equipment.
- Assist with the Maintenance of H&S documentation, SOPs, training matrix whilst supervising safe systems of work and authorised personnel equipment.
- Develop own technical / valve product knowledge through research, development and in coordination with Test equipment and pressure system manufacturers.
- Conduct VAVE tasks to derivative and existing products, ensuring manufacturing costs are minimised and cost targets are achieved working coherently with Production Engineers.
- Create new part numbers and Bills of Materials using the ERP/MRP system.
- Provide technical support to Production Engineering and Purchasing.
- Compile Operating and Maintenance Manuals for derivative products, assisting Marketing and Sales Companies where appropriate.
- Conduct Strip and Survey Investigations facilitating product return, re validationÂ and warranty processes.
- Perform other such duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as may be reasonably required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree, Diploma or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Demonstrable key skills in and knowledge around materials, stress analysis and practical mechanical assembly.
- Practical skills and good working knowledge of precision manufacturing, CNC lathes, milling and general fabrication.
- Experience or knowledge of engineering software, 2D and 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, Mathcad, MS Office, preferably using Autodesk platforms (AutoCAD, Inventor, Ansys).
- Professional and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage own time and deliverables effectively.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills as the role will involve working on various projects simultaneously, including coordinating with other project team members, liaising with Manufacturing and Sales Departments, reviewing progress as well as evaluating results.
- Demonstrates Continual Professional Development increasing technical breadth and non-technical broadening with experience, research andÂ experimentation.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and work calmly under pressure.
- Commitment to work to deadlines and determined to see a job through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Knowledge of design, construction, and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of high-pressure valves for Nuclear, Oil and Gas or Space and related certification, customer practices and regulations.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering and solenoid design.
– 25 days holiday per annumÂ
– Up to 6% matched pension contributions
– 5 x Death in Service
– Sharesave Scheme
– Health Cash Plan
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Employee Assistance Programme
– The opportunity to buy and sell holiday
If this exciting new role sounds like the role for you please apply or alternatively call Ian at Holt Engineering on 07734406996.